Efficiency for Access Design Challenge 2020–21 Winners
The Efficiency for Access Design Challenge Grand Final took place on Wednesday 23 June. In the second year of the competition, 94 students from 13 universities in Bangladesh, Kenya, Uganda, India and the UK submitted 23 projects and were supported by over 30 industry partners. These students have spent the year creating innovative designs for off-grid settings.
The winning teams’ projects are:
- UCL, ‘Solar Powered Oxygen Concentrators in Sub-Saharan Africa’
- University of Bath, ‘Design of an Efficient Kettle for Off-Grid Kenya’
- Independent University, Bangladesh, ‘Solar Direct Drive Vaccine Refrigerator and Effective Cold Chain System’
- TERI School of Advanced Studies, Solar Powered Hydroponic Fodder Unit’
- Loughborough University, ‘Design and Build a Solar Battery Cooker for use in Sub-Saharan Africa’.
Read more about the projects in the Project Submissions summary