Funding and Eligibility
There are 3 options to apply for a grant, depending on the stage of the R&D project:
· Early stage for feasibility studies (lasting 6 to 12 months)
· Mid-stage for industrial research (lasting 12 to 24 months)
· Late stage for experimental development (lasting 12 to 30 months)
In this round, grants are available from £50,000 to £200,000.
The minimum eligibility criteria are:
· Applicants must be a legally registered and physically established business, academic organisation, non-profit, public sector organisation, or research and technology organisation from anywhere in the world. Applicants for funding may also form partnerships (such as between academics and businesses, or between entrepreneurs and established businesses).
· Applications must demonstrate outcomes linked to both the EforA Coalition’s overall objective of accelerating energy access via improved availability, affordability, efficiency and performance of a range of Low Energy Inclusive Appliances particularly suited to developing country contexts, and the R&D scope for this round (as detailed in the Scope section).
· Applicants must demonstrate sufficient match funding for project costs.
· Applicants must demonstrate a track record in research and innovation, and/or provide strong evidence of their capacity to successfully implement the R&D project.
If you have any questions or queries please email [email protected]
To be able to apply please register your organisation first via the link below.
Click here to download the full application guidance document