Funding and Eligibility
The first round of the Research and Development Fund had 3 options to apply for a grant, depending on the stage of the R&D project:
· Early stage for feasibility studies (lasting 6 to 12 months)
· Mid-stage for industrial research (lasting 12 to 24 months)
· Late stage for experimental development (lasting 12 to 30 months)
In this round, grants were available from £50,000 to £200,000.
The minimum eligibility criteria was:
· Applicants needed to prove they were a legally registered and physically established business, academic organisation, non-profit, public sector organisation, or research and technology organisation from anywhere in the world. Applicants for funding could also form partnerships (such as between academics and businesses, or between entrepreneurs and established businesses).
· Applications needed to demonstrate outcomes linked to both the EforA Coalition’s overall objective of accelerating energy access via improved availability, affordability, efficiency and performance of a range of Low Energy Inclusive Appliances particularly suited to developing country contexts, and the R&D scope for this round (as detailed in the Scope section).
· Applicants needed to demonstrate sufficient match funding for project costs.
· Applicants needed to demonstrate a track record in research and innovation, and/or provide strong evidence of their capacity to successfully implement the R&D project.
If you have any questions on the recent round of funding or have any general queries please email [email protected]
You can also register your organisation via the link below in preparation for the second round of funding.
Click here to download the full application guidance document